Our favorite siblings are back to show us we’re never alone. Check out the video announcement of the second season of The Umbrella Academy as it returns on July 31!
- Netflix announced the release date for The Umbrella Academy Season 2
- The cast set to reprise their roles include Ellen Page, Tom Hopper, David Castañeda, Emmy Raver-Lampman, Robert Sheehan, Aidan Gallagher, and Justin H. Min.
- Steve Blackman (Fargo, Altered Carbon) will return as Showrunner and Executive Producer.
- Executive Producers also set to return alongside Blackman include Jeff F. King (EP), Mike Richardson (EP), Keith Goldberg (EP), Gerard Way (Co-EP), and Gabriel Bá (Co-EP).
- The season two order includes 10 one-hour episodes and will be produced by UCP (Universal Content Productions) for Netflix.
About THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY Season 1:
On the same day in 1989, forty-three infants are inexplicably born to random, unconnected women who showed no signs of pregnancy the day before. Seven are adopted by a billionaire who creates The Umbrella Academy and prepares his “children” to save the world. Now, the six surviving members reunite upon the news of their father’s passing and must work together to solve a mystery surrounding his death. But the estranged family begins to come apart due to their divergent personalities and abilities, not to mention the imminent threat of a global apocalypse.
The Umbrella Academy is based on the comic book series created and written by Gerard Way, illustrated by Gabriel Bá, and published by Dark Horse Comics. The show is produced by Universal Content Productions for Netflix, with Steve Blackman serving as executive producer and showrunner, and additional EPs Jeff F. King, Mike Richardson, Keith Goldberg, Gerard Way, and Gabriel Bá.
Watch The Umbrella Academy here: netflix.com/umbrellaacademy
Love watching Netflix on mobile? Now at only PHP 149/month, the new Netflix Mobile plan lets you enjoy all our movies and shows on your smartphone or tablet. Download the Netflix app or visit www.netflix.com for more details.
Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with 183 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.